Thursday, June 5, 2008

Scattered Thoughts Box


I wanted something to sit on my desk to hold index size cards that I could jot down thoughts and ideas. I also wanted to be able organize my "scattered thoughts" somewhat. I was constantly tossing in a drawer things that I had torn out of a magazine like websites or product info. Naturally, I never could find them later. I love these inexpensive recipe boxes for decorating. I painted it a neutral color, then I sanded the edges and gave it some black speckles by putting some paint on an old dry toothbrush and flicking the paint all over it. I then antiqued it with stain and "mod-podged" it with some scrap book paper. Lastly, I added some things to the top.



1 comment:

Cristine's Story said...

What a great idea! I need to make one of these. My scattered thoughts may have just found a home. Thanks for the inspiration Tanya. You have really taken off down the creative road!