Sunday, June 22, 2008

What's in your bucket?

We watched the movie The Bucket List last night. I had heard good reviews about it. While I enjoyed it, I also found it thought provoking. What do I still hope to accomplish? What would be in my bucket? Obviously, normal things come to mind first like watching your children and their children grow old. Those are a given. But what are some of the things that would make your life as complete as possible? Mostly the contents of my bucket involve travel. I have been fortunate enough to see many places in the world, but there are still a few more. At one time, an African safari and the Great Pyramids of Egypt would have made the list. I now know in my heart that that will more than likely never happen. I'm too uneasy about travelling to that part of the world. So in no particular order, here are a few on my list:
1. Go to the Olympics (winter or summer, doesn't matter) maybe London 2012?

2. Attend Wimbledon even though I don't play or really follow tennis.
3. Visit Fiordland National Park in New Zealand and the Great Barrier Reef in Australia
4. Take a sleigh ride in the snow ( like in the Budweiser commercials)
5. Ice skate in Central Park
6. Spend days and days seeing everything in the Smithsonian
7. Visit Washington, D.C. when the cherry trees are blossoming
8. Stay in a beach house right on the water
9. Have Christmas in a cabin
10. See the Phoenix Suns win the championship
What's on your list?

5 comments:

Cristine's Story said...

Hmmm, I just watched Bucket List too. I'll have to give that list some thought!

Sandy said...

It's not easy coming up with a list but reading yours has got me going. I like the idea of a journey list too. List of stuff you did on the journey. Hey great challenge idea. See, you mused me! thx,Sandy. New term too, you mused me again!

Moonlight Stitcher said...

Okay, I'm really trying to live in the moment, as it were, so I don't have a "bucket list." However, if I did, I'm sure it would involve Johnny Depp. just kidding. sort of.
Actually, I do have something: Getting the heck outta Dodge during the months of June, July, August and September. The coast of Maine comes immediately to mind. . . The second thing on that list would be convincing DH that this is a marvelous idea.

Becky Bunn said...

We just watched Bucket List also. Guess that tells you there is nothing on TV worth watching. Or it is to damn hot to do anything else. I'm with ya on the Suns. New Zeland is on my list. I see a journal in your future

Judy said...

My bucket is so full and overflowing that I can't see it! I know I won't live long enough to get everything done that I want to do! Too bad!! My head is full of ideas and wishes!