Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Whew doggie is it hot!

Okay, this isn't my first rodeo here in Arizona, but man is it hot!! I think it got to 113 today. I should be used to it by now. After all, I've lived here almost 21 years. It's hard to comprehend if you've never been to Arizona in the summer. Imagine firing up your oven to 400 degrees and then climbing in. Your goose would be cooked in no time. We take it all in stride though, knowing that we won't be digging out from snow in January or ever. You learn to do things differently. You don't buy ice cream at three in the afternoon. You carry oven mitts in your car so you can hang on to the steering wheel. You get up by 5:oo am to walk your dog. They have to hold it after that until the sun goes down. Just kidding! And never ever wear short shorts if you have leather seats. You know it's really hot when a frozen margarita sounds good for breakfast. Again, I'm just kidding! We're hearty, we'll survive....maybe.

2 comments:

Joy said...

Oh yeah, and I can't even get into my AIR-CONDITIONED car, drive to AIR-CONDITIONED Mystic Paper and pull out my COLD hard cash, until when? July something or other? RATS!

Cristine's Story said...

Ahh, oven mitts. Great idea! I could have used them yesterday. I drove home using my fingernails. Ouch!