Thursday, June 19, 2008

Birds on blocks


I have been determined to stick to the 30 day challenge and even more determined to make use of what I already have. Part of the plan is to post what we create. Joy and I have similar tastes and we usually have a lot of the same supplies. She suggested that we do something with these blocks, using birds as the theme. I'm pleased with the fact that I used the Periphery papers from Basic Grey that I've had for awhile. I also used a few stickers from Cavallini & Co. Most of the birds came from a book that I snagged at Goodwill. It had the sweetest dedication in it that said " Happy Anniversary to a sweet girl who has tolerated one of the sorry lot for 30 years~All My Love, Chick" Ahhh...I guess the book wasn't a huge hit since it ended up where it did. Anyway, I felt some remorse when I began tearing the pages out, but only until I turned on the scanner and set to copying. Well Joy, I look forward to seeing your creation.



9 comments:

Becky Bunn said...

You are doing good. When you first posted your 30 day plan I thought I could/should do that. NOT I failed. Went to Micheal's the other day and went a little crazy. It was all on sale. What can I say.
You are a great inspiration.

Cristine's Story said...

Tanya, your creations alway amaze me. I know you have a 30 day boycott on buying, but could you come by and visit, and bring your bird blocks with you? I would love to see them. P.S. there's a FREE make-n-take at Mystic Paper on Saturday with Mike Putman from 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. I promise I won't let you buy a thing! Is that a shameless store promotion? Oops!

Joy said...

Well, I guess the pressure is on! Your birds on blocks are beeuutiful!

Sandy said...

I'ts funny how you get more done by staying home. I've cut back too. Saving for vacation. Love the blocks. Ruby says hi to your Ruby!

Cindy said...

Love your birds on blocks. What an adorable idea. You done good.

c

Sherri said...

Love your blog. You have inspired me with your work on here. I am so glad to find you out here.

Arcadia Living said...

I just love your birdy blocks and I enjoy your blog. (I'm the other Ruby's "Aunt")

mainely stitching said...

These are VERY cool!! :D

Tina(Taken over by her daughter, Nicole) said...

Love your bird blocks!!! I have an old bird book found at a rummage sale I want to scan and use too..