Thursday, June 26, 2008

Red sky at night


"red sky at night wo oh oh oh oh " is a song lyric from one of my favorite 80's band, The Fixx. This, however, is what the sky over Phoenix looked like last night. We are coming into our monsoon season and had a little action yesterday. A lightning strike started a fire Southwest of the valley near Phoenix International Raceway, otherwise known as PIR. Even though I live about fifty miles away from it, the smoke was very visible as the sun was setting.

3 comments:

Cristine's Story said...

Amazing pictures! It looks like you're right there, close up!

Joy said...

Wow! Sure didn't look like that from my house. The view must be a little better in those gated communties where you live! Beautiful photo!

Heather, paperfollies.typepad.com said...

Paid a visit from Heart in My Hand and I just have to say two very important things:
1. Your dogs are sooooo adorable!
2. Good luck on your 30 day no new stuff challenge...though I see you already bought a little bit o' paper! well, every addiction has its set backs! Hang tough!
3. (I know, I know, I said two, but Love those bird blocks too!