Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Baby, you can drive my car

I heard the Beatles sing "Baby, you can drive my car" today on my way home from work. I was reminded of this scrapbook page I did of myself in my 1958 Corvette kiddie car. I was a 2 year old toddler in the picture. Sorry, the actual photo isn't very clear. Boy, would I give anything to still have that car. I'm sure it would be worth something today.
It seems that we all are searching for vintage photos to use in our art these days. Is it nostalgia? Do we want to be reminded of simpler times? Whatever it is that inspires us to look back in time, I hope it continues.

3 comments:

Sandy said...

Hey girl, you won the prize package. I'll email you for details, congrats! Sandy

Joy said...

I think you need to replace that car with a '69 GTO. I know where you can get one cheap. . .

Road Trip With Ruby said...

What...and deprive you of your main source of aggravation? No way!