Thursday, July 24, 2008

A little bit of dog art

Well, this is my 100th post. Amazing. It took just over a year to get to this point. I wanted to make this post a special one, however, this week has been less than special and I had nothing worthwhile to post. I have been in what one might call a "major funk". Nursing a downright case of the blues, have I. Since I try to keep my blog light and hopefully fun, I hate to post if I'm even feeling the least bit out of sorts. But, lately some of my blog friends have shared their heartfelt feelings in dealing with difficult family health issues. As I read their posts, I felt their heartache and it made me want to reach out to them and offer a small bit of comfort. Becky said it all in one simple statement, sometimes life just sucks. True indeed...but we dig down deep and have faith that tomorrow will be a better day.
My sadness has been slowly building. For months, I have watched one of my closest friends battle cancer. She has been amazingly strong through out it all and has recently endured one more surgery. It's been really hard and scary. What I wouldn't give to make it all go away for her.
Our old boy, Otis has really bad arthritis. He has trouble getting up on our slippery tile. We've had him on Adequan, but it just didn't do the trick. He fell the other night and barked until we woke up and came to his rescue. So, we're trying a new treatment and praying that it will work. Other than being old, stubborn, and arthritic, he's in pretty darn good shape.
Whether human or not, it's heart wrenching to watch those we love suffer.
Today, I felt the need to do a little art that included my dogs. It helped to lose myself in the process. I'm planning to use it for the cover of a journal. Love the quote, you may have to click on the picture to read it.

4 comments:

Pam Mattick Art and Stuff said...

I love your dog art. That is wonderful. Appreciate the sorrow also. I have The Angel of Loss that I painted and she has one tear, it is mine. But so many women are hurting, there are so many stories that I painted another and it is theirs, yours. Here is the poem from an anonymous poet that is on it:
And when there seems no chance no change
From grief can set me free
Hope finds its strength in helplessness
And calmly waits for Thee.

Hugs,
Pam
You're the new blog on my favs :)

Cristine's Story said...

Here's a hug for you Tanya...so true, sometimes life does just SUCK. We've talked about our old, arthritic boys many times and I know what you are going through. We're here for you! Love the dog art!

Sherri said...

congrats on your 100th post! I am so glad I found your blog.

Sadly a truth of life is that there is suffering. I so appreciate your sadness & depression and know that sometimes it seems overwhelming. My hope for you is stamina to walk through this difficult time. As Winston Churchill said "When Going Through Hell, Don't Stop".

Cindy said...

Dear Girl,
LOVE the dog art! So sweet! And yes, you have my thougths, prayers and sympathies. I should have a tee that says, "been there, done that" when it comes to cancer. I do have one that says, "cancer sucks", but I could never get Mom to wear it, not even to chemo! : D
There are no easy answers, and yes, days that drag us down, I think are normal. But do hang in there. I wish the best for your friend as she goes through this trial. And for your four legged friend as well. I hope they can find something to ease his pain.
take care.
c