Friday, May 23, 2008

You have inspired me...

For some time I've let my Stampington magazines pile up. I love looking at them over and over and wouldn't dream of throwing one out. But, since space is at a premium at our house, I made the decision to cut out my favorite art and compile it in a book. I admit, the first cut was the hardest, but honestly, I don't like every single thing that gets published. So, with a glass of wine in one hand and a scissors in the other, I went to town. Collaging everything on the pages was easy. Next came the cover and this is what I came up with. I had no ideas when I sat down. I started out painting it several colors, applied a crackle medium, then topped it off with black. The best part was adding all of the different elements. Lately, I've been influenced by many different people and I can honestly say that I've never felt more creative. I may never sell a thing or get published anywhere, but that's okay. The important thing is that I'm finally doing what I love... what I've always been meant to do. I'd like to thank a few of my friends, old and new, who have inspired me. Joy, we are like-minded for sure and I love that I can share all of this with you, and you get it! The fun never ends. Mystic Paper, thank you for creating such an awesome store. The classes have been a blast and it's always fun to walk through your doors. Mike, you have encouraged me more than you know, and your help with my blog is much appreciated. You are, for sure, like totally, the blog master! Lastly, but not least of all, thanks to those of you who post your own creations. There is so much creative influence out there and many of you are right in my backyard. Thank you also for taking the time to comment on my "show and tells". It makes it all worth while.

10 comments:

Becky Bunn said...

Tanya, How very brave of you to cut up your magazines. You did a wonderful job on this. The cover is awesome. The flea market was the one Merchant Square hold a couple times a year. The next one will be in the fall

Sandy said...

Great job! This is what old fashion scrap booking in the past was all about. They cut out pictures and saved them for inspirational use. If you ever in a artist block(if there is such a thing) just pick up your book and inspiration galore. Best thing is no unwanted ads. Love the idea.

Cristine's Story said...

Ohhh Tanya, I would love to see that in person. Bring it with you on Tuesday! Love it!

Joy said...

Well, this book definitely inspires ME! Very, very cool, Tanya. So, pray tell ~ what was that wine you were drinking when you did this? ;~)

Anonymous said...

Tanya, What a great idea! I know you will use this a lot as an inspirational jolt to get those creavite juices (or wines) going! Do bring it in on Tuesday, like Kim says I'd love to see it too.

Sandy said...

Tanya, Email me and I can get you the boston image. I don't think I can find the Atc from back then but with the image you could make your own thing. Sandy

Judy said...

Tanya! Love the book full of your inspirations from the magazines. I was looking at my piles of magazines yesterday wondering what on earth to do with all of them and now I know! Great idea! Mind if I follow your lead??

Anonymous said...

Tanya......your cover is awesome. Love all the bits and pieces and I love ribbon :)

Cindy said...

This turned out wonderfully! I love the cover! Very whimsical and fun. Love the collaged pages and yep, brave girl to cut them up....may take me two glasses of wine. LOL.

: D

c

Anonymous said...

Tanya,
as always, your blog is fun to visit,keep up the good work and stay cool. we miss you .