Thursday, May 1, 2008

Sea fairy...

in a jar. I made this for one of my dearest friends. She was diagnosed with the dreaded C word in the fall. The last several months have been really tough for her with chemo and radiation. One of the things she loves the most in this world is the ocean. She obviously can't travel, so I've had this idea playing around in my head to bring some of the beach to her. My sister was recently in Florida, so I had her send me some sand and shells while she was there. These jars are very difficult to photograph so it is hard to see the details. The background is a vintage Florida beach scene. The side tag says she dreams of the sea. The charms are a starfish and a sea turtle, which is hidden.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a thoughtful gift and very clever and unusual. My prayers for inner peace for your dear friend. I love your blog.

Anonymous said...

That is so cute! What a nice thing you did for your friend. I wish her well.

Manuela

Judy said...

This is really nice! And what a thoughtful gift for your friend. I know she will love it!

I wish the best for your friend. I was treated for breast cancer 8 years ago and am doing well. It is beatable!

Stitcher S said...

What a delightful gift, and how thoughtful of you. I too wish her well.

Anonymous said...

This is so wonderful. What a great gift to give to your friend. We live close to the beach and it is always nice to visit and see the ocean. How thoughtful of you to bring the ocean and it's beauty to your friend. Love it and sending good thoughts and wishes for your friend :)

Anonymous said...

This is so clever Tanya!!! I love it, too cute :) What a special gift!I think you could sell these or maybe we should go on TV on that DIY or HG TV. I'm an artist too and I have more ideas for projects then Done's has pills.If I only had more time and less stress.Your friend is VERY lucky to have you........bless her heart.
I hope she makes a full recovery.I have friends & relatives who have/had cancer and it's a nasty thing. I pray they find a cure.I love the ocean too :)

Watch out Martha Stewart !!!! Gp