Monday, May 5, 2008

How many is...

too many? Pairs of flip-flops that is. This is the bottom of my side of our closet, much to the dismay of my husband. My beloved flip-flops are usually kicked off and left to organize themselves, which oddly enough, never happens. They are pretty much standard foot attire for most of the year here. In my wildest imagination, I would never have believed that I would wear anything so casual to a job, but I do just that. The temps are creeping up day by day now. At least my feet will stay cool. Isn't it funny how things are called different things in different areas of the country? To me, they've always been flip-flops, but I've also heard them called thongs and even go aheads. I don't care what they're called as long as I can wear them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

In my day, they were zorries. Too many? Bah! Flip flop on. Besides, what else does one wear to a pedicure?
Guess who . . . .

Becky Bunn said...

Enjoyed meeting you last night at Mystic Paper. Your samplers are beautiful. Hope to see you around
hugs, becy

Anonymous said...

We called them "flip flops" when I was a kid,you could buy a pair for .25 cents,those days are gone . My sister and I would wear ours till the "thorns or bur-heads" from the tumble weeds poked through.....OUCH! Time for a new pair when that happened. Gp

Love your art on your blogs-Gayle