Monday, May 12, 2008

There's no place like home


Okay, I know I'm getting a little obsessed with these jars. It's been my main topic for posts lately. New visitors here must think it's a blog about jars! This is the last for awhile...I hope. The other two were gifts, and this one I'm keeping for myself. My non-artsy husband thinks they're weird, well...sometimes art is weird! They have been so much fun to make. Maybe I just like how everything looks inside the glass. It's like a whole little world inside. I have a thing for snow globes, too. It must all be relative somehow. I need to give thanks to my friend for the idea of the ruby slippers, so thank you. It was just the thing it needed.

5 comments:

Stitcher S said...

I love the jars, keep them coming.

I'd wanted a snow globe MY WHOLE LIFE and finally got one as a gift a few years ago---and I'm nearing the big 5-0!

So, keep those jars coming.(and snow globes, too!)

Sandy said...

This one is you. Are the ruby slippers cut out or miniatures? Cute,cute,cute.

Road Trip With Ruby said...

Thank you both. The ruby slippers are actually paper. I printed them off and used red Stickles to make them "glittery" The photo doesn't show the sparkle very well.

Becky Bunn said...

Tanya, Was great to see you again. Check out what Mike and I did to my banner. Love the jar. Those ruby slippers are to cute. Can I be on your list for Scarlet House?

Anonymous said...

These jars are neat.....cool idea,my favorites are the ones that tell a story.My favorite one is the Sea Fairy. Your photos are great!!! did you see the ones I sent of my pooch, Mimi? Your dogs are spoiled rotten !!! of course I don't spoil Mimi...hahahaah :)))))
Keep creating !!
Gp