Wednesday, September 3, 2008

My Space

It's hard for me to believe that one year ago, this room was seldom used for guests. After a trip to my niece's house, I was inspired and a little (okay, very!) obsessed with having my own place to retreat to. It took some time to get everything into place, but I'm happy to say that it is just what I had envisioned. The room is defined by three areas. I have a big table where I can work on paper crafts. It faces a large window where I can watch the birds outside. My stitching chair sits in front of the floor to ceiling bookcase. I always wanted a room to use as a library. This is as close as I'll ever get. The dogs have beds to curl up in here, but just as often sprawl on the floor under my feet. The last addition has been the desk area. It used to be the closet. My wonderfully talented husband worked his magic, and it now holds the computer, scanner, printer and sewing machine. I no longer have to sew at the dining room table. It's nice being able to leave projects unfinished. Once in awhile, my other half will venture in for a chat. He sits in my chair, looks around at all my stuff, picks up this or that, shakes his head and then returns to his space a.k.a. the garage. I'm sure he feels totally out of his element in here, kind of how I feel at Home Depot.

6 comments:

Pam Mattick Art and Stuff said...

What a beautiful room! Nice job and soooooo organized. I am so right brained everything has to be where I can see it or "I don't own it." Hence, I own lots of duplicates. Sometimes I have 5 bottles of ketchup. And I get lost between projects- example- just after I wrote that, I went to the fridge to see how to spell ketchup, or at least how Heinz spells it- stopped and rearranged the bathroom a little bit - because I forgot that I was writing to you!!!! I also have medically diagnosed short term memory loss, not just the "run of the mill, I'm getting like granny" old timers. So, I'm back, I love your blog and your pics are sweet. May you enjoy every moment in your new room.
On a positive note about short term memory loss: It's all new to me :)
Hugs,
Pam

Stitcher S said...

Gorgeous room! I love it.

Becky Bunn said...

Tanya, your space is beautiful. Everything is so organized. HELP! mine is a nightmare.

Anonymous said...

Love your space Tanya! I am quite jealous, since my move all of my play things are still in boxes. ICK!

Cristine's Story said...

Love your space Tanya! Oh, how I would love a room like that. Can you come over and decorate for me!

Judy said...

I love your room!! You are the second person I know who has taken the doors off of the closet and used that space for the computer and storage! I am now going to remove the doors of my spare room closet so I can gain access without moving the doors! And I am going to reorganize the shelves -- the drawers are done. Thanks for sharing your lovely room with us!