Monday, September 22, 2008

A healing collage

I'd like to share with you a gift that I received the other day. It was made for me by my niece, who is actually more like a little sister. She used my dog art and a picture of my friend, Cindy, who passed away last month. It has a a lovely message and wonderful little elements about it. She used some vintage sheet music and was able to find appropriate lyrics, like the one that says "For she loved him so" above Otis. Yes, I cried when I saw that one. I know my sweet friend is definitely wearing her wings. The frame is really awesome as well. I would never have thought to do all of the different things to it like she did. It's perfect for it. Thank you, Kelly. I am incredibly touched.


3 comments:

Sue said...

That is really lovely. It brought tears to my eyes, too. I know that you and I both had awful months last month, didn't we?

I love that collage, it's so beautiful.

Cristine's Story said...

How sweet of her to make that for you. She understands your deep feelings for your animals and your friends! That's special.

Live.Love. Photography said...

That is perfect! Your style, your friend, your dog. She did a really good job on it. What a thoughtful gift.