Monday, March 17, 2008

A St. Patrick's Day memory...


Today is my birthday. No, I won't go there and tell you how many candles are on the cake. I have always felt blessed to have it be on this holiday. Even if it wasn't my birthday, I'd still call this day one of my favorites. Even if you aren't Irish, who doesn't love to celebrate St. Pat's Day? I always thought it would be amazing if I was able to be in Ireland on this day. Well, four years ago the dream came true. For me, it was the trip of a lifetime. Memories were made that I treasure and fondly recall at this time each year. It was more than just the sightseeing and traveling experience. Much more than sailing across the Irish Sea, walking in the green, green grass, eating potato after potato, bumping along on the narrow country roads, listening to wonderful music, and of course, throwing back a pint or two. It was sharing it all with three women who's companionship and friendship mean the world to me. It's being able to reminisce and laugh with them over the good time we had. Eventually, we will all take another trip together, and more memories will be made. Who could ask for more? Happy St. Patricks Day!






1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.