Sunday, March 9, 2008

Spring is near...


Last weekend we took a hike with visiting family at the Superstition Mountains. Having had a decent amount of rain this winter, we have anticipated the arrival of the wildflowers. There were a few nice patches here and there, but not as many as I expected. We might be a tad bit too early yet. I was anxious to try out a new camera. These two shots are my favorite from the day.

I also came to the realization that hiking just isn't my thing. While the scenery can be very pretty indeed, I probably missed a lot of it while I was busy keeping a look out for snakes. I think it is still too early for them to be out, but I wasn't willing to chance it. In the twenty plus years that I have lived in the desert, I have never seen a rattler up close and personal and without a glass cage dividing us. I prefer to keep it that way.

2 comments:

Marty Owings said...

Hi there,

Wondering if you'd be interested in being our guest at Radio Free Nation? We'd like to interview you about your blog.

You can reach us at rfnradio@gmail.com or me, the host, directly at owings1064@hotmail.com

You can check out our programming in advance at radiofreenation.blogspot.com

We interview independent artists in a feature called independent voices. You can find samples on the site.

Cheers,

Marty Owings

Stitcher S said...

Gorgeous photos!

My Great Uncle lived in your neck of the woods for years, and he loved to take us out in the back parts of the desert. I watched him 'get rid of' many a rattle snake, up close and personal.