Monday, March 31, 2008

Some stitching show and tell...


of A Sweeter Love from Plum Street Samplers. I have loved stitching this piece from the start. It is very colorful from the cobblestone path between the houses, to the flowers and butterflies. I'm stitching it on 40ct. vintage Meadow Rue from Lakeside Linens with one strand of NPI silk. There is a verse that goes in the center and it is stitched over one. There is actually quite a bit of over one stitching with the initials and so on. I usually stitch from the bottom right hand corner and work my way up. On this one, I've jumped all over. I've mentioned in other posts that I get bored with borders. I have this one half done. Yea!

2 comments:

Stitcher S said...

Wow, it's beautiful. I too get bored with borders. This is over one in many spots? Yikes! I love the colors and elements in this design.

Thanks for your kind words on my blog.

Michelle said...

Oh, it's beautiful! I love the cobblestone path!