Saturday, March 14, 2009

My feathered friends.


Look who has taken up residence in our grapefruit tree. It is a very fragrant place to be this time of year. Nothing smells sweeter than citrus blossoms. I hope mama dove doesn't have allergies like me. I love spring, but it doesn't like me. Every bit of new growth in the yard reeks havoc with my sinuses, but who can stay inside when it's in the 80's?
I also spotted this hummingbird just hanging out. I must have taken twenty pictures and he/she just sat there unconcerned. I've never been able to get this close before, and they are usually flitting around looking for nectar. I love making these discoveries.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

They are so sweet Tanya! I know what you mean about not wanting to stay inside when it's so nice out. We have a ton of that nasty green pollen everywhere around here.

Sherry said...

What wonderful pictures and discoveries! I am so glad you shared them with us all! I will be so glad when it is finally nice enough to open some doors around here! I am having some major sun and warm weather withdrawals!