Sunday, March 22, 2009

Cards...sending and receiving

I used some random stamps and a bird gift tag from Cavallini & Co. to make this card. I've had these tags forever, but I've been hoarding them. I also parted with a Tim Holtz metal tag. I love them, but I'm reluctant to use them, too. I wonder why I do that? I must be afraid that if I use them all up, I won't be able to admire them in my never ending stash of supplies. Makes no sense. I received the card below for my birthday last week from my niece. I had to show it off because it's just very cool. We are both into "stern looking woman with crowns", so of course, I love it. It opens up in a neat way to display a pocket holding a tea bag. Very clever.


7 comments:

Becky Bunn said...

Great cards

Cindy said...

Love the card you made, too cute! And I have that same problem too. *sigh*. LOL. So I hear ya. And the card your niece made is very wonderful as well, clever with the tea pocket!

c

Sandy said...

I was checking all peeps who wanted to make cards for Easter Trade and saw your name. I can't remember if I sent you my address or not. Let me know, I am so sorry if not to get in touch before today! Sandy

Whimsical Warbler said...

Don't worry your card embellishments won't go to waste! I set them out for all to see and use them as table decorations! They are too beautiful to stick away in a box!

Jack and Cat Curio said...

Happy late B-Day! Love the cards!

Anonymous said...

Your cards are beautiful Tanya.

CeCe said...

Just jumped to your blog. So funny to read about your hoarding the special embellishments. I tend to do the same thing unless they have been specifically bought for a project.