Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I finally made something

It has been forever since I made anything altered or as a collage. It felt good to finally play with paper again. I am so divided between my art and my stitching most of the time. I need to sometimes take a break from one to enjoy the other. I've been lucky enough to take two soldering classes taught by Josie Cirincione at Mystic Paper. It seems like everyone is soldering these days and it is lots of fun. Josie is a terrific teacher, so if you ever have a chance to take one of her classes, do it. Here is a necklace charm that I made for a friend. It's reversible, of course. The key can hang on either side as well. I originally wanted the key to hang from the bottom, but I couldn't get it to look right, plus I burnt my finger, so it's staying like it is. Those jump rings aren't my favorite thing to solder.

5 comments:

Rowyn said...

They're beautiful. Hope your finger is on the mend, I bet that hurt!

Cindy said...

super cute, cute, cute! I have one of her books and she is just awesome. Ohhhh, sorry bout your finger, ouch. Yep, I hate jump rings too, bet that is how you did it huh? Sure is cute!

c

Sandra said...

Great work Tanya. I love the picture of your girls from the previous post, such amazing ears!!

Becky Bunn said...

Tanya great job

Anonymous said...

This gift is a treasure. You are so talented. I was lucky enough to be the recipient. Many thanks my friend!