Saturday, March 7, 2009

Nest

While watching my husband do yard work this morning, I discovered this bird's nest in our tree. Isn't nature amazing? It actually looks like it would be quite cozy inside. As you can see, the trees are budding and it gives me plenty of allergy issues, but I love spring. The color of the new leaves is one of my favorite shades of green.

I edited my original post because we believed that the nest belonged to a hummingbird. After hearing from my sister that it looks more like a finch nest, it probably is that. We have mostly finches at our feeders, so that would make sense, although we do have hummingbirds, too.

4 comments:

Rowyn said...

Wow, nature sure is amazing!

Cindy said...

I love that shade of green as well. One of my faves for this time of year...heck anytime of year! :D

c

Sherry said...

Oh I just love to roam our yard and find little surprises that Nature leaves around! A hummingbird's nest is about the size of a quarter but I have yet to find one in our yard. They are probably there though. I hear ya about allergies!

Sue said...

That's so fantastic! We have so many birds around here, but I've never found a nest.

I can relate to the allergy thing. I am really suffering right now. Even so, spring is beautiful.