Wednesday, February 20, 2008

A recent finish...


and an almost completed sampler. 1798 Quaker Sampler had been in my stash for a few years, with about a quarter of it done. For some reason, I left if to stitch on something else. I only work on one piece at a time, so it is unsettling to have unfinished business in my stitching basket. I must be in the minority in that regard because many stitchers like to rotate their projects. Anyway, it was stitched on 40ct. linen with one strand of Au Vera A Soie 100/3 silk. I changed every color from the way it was charted, and I have to say that I'm pleased with the results. Now to decide on a frame for it...


The other little one is called Schoolhouse Sampler, and it is from the August 1998 publication of Better Homes and Gardens Cross Stitch & Needlework. I am drawn to anything that has red as a dominate color, especially buildings. It was charted for Kreinik thread, which I don't use, so I kept putting it aside thinking that one day I'd convert it to NPI. I like using different stitches from time to time. The red alphabet is Algerian Eyelet. I love the look, but it seemed to take forever. The green bands are double cross stitch and rice stitch.

And on a literary note, I finished A Breath of Snow and Ashes, and I now know what happens to Jamie and Claire (well, sort of). I have a feeling that they will make an appearance in the John Grey books. I can't believe that I made it through all six books of the Outlander series. I was truly sad to read the last page and would highly recommend them all.

2 comments:

Stitcher S said...

Congratulations on the finish, it's gorgeous.

I like the schoolhouse, too. I must have that pattern in my boxes of those old magazines. Weren't they the best?

Michelle said...

Both samplers are beautiful! Congratulations! I love the Outlander series. I just reread the first three, now I need to read the last three.