Monday, February 11, 2008

Please grow...please, please, please!



Yesterday was a beautiful day in the valley of the sun. After a nice breakfast out with family, we strolled through the garden center at Home Depot. Just waiting for me, rhubarb plants. Yippee! I couldn't resist trying to grow it just one more time. I have tried it from transplants and from roots, with no luck. I swear, this is it. This year, however, I have a different plan, thanks to the nice man who helped us at the store. Instead of planting it in my garden, I have put it into pots. The idea is to bring it inside when our weather becomes too hot. I can place them in front of the patio door, where they can still get full sun, but they will not be subjected to the heat. Sounds like it could work, we'll see. If I don't succeed, I'll resort back to begging my Midwest relatives for some of theirs.
I also planted some very pretty pansies, trailing geraniums, a grape tomato, brocoli, and a red and a purple pepper. I have never seen a purple pepper before, but it is the color of an eggplant, and it is certainly different. It could add even more color to my pasta salad!

1 comment:

Stitcher S said...

Isn't it fun to go buy plants, bring them home, and enjoy their beauty!

Good luck on the rhubarb. My mom and husband are both from the midwest, and they too love rhubarb. My mom loves to make rhubarb pie, in fact. It's amazing how that stuff just grows in the midwest with little or no effort. I'll look forward to seeing how your rhubarb does.