Monday, December 15, 2008

London Revisited

I have the hardest time coming up with things to blog about lately. Everything that I've made has needed to be kept secret. I'm fairly sure that a certain someone will guess that this gift is for her, but she should have it by now anyway. That is, if UPS came through. I saw the idea for these bulb forcers in Country Living magazine. They are made out of 1 liter bottles. The top is cut off and then inverted into the base. You fill it with water and then the bulb, in this case daffodils, roots and eventually sprouts a flower. I thought it was really clever and inexpensive.
I used some scrapbook paper with a map of London, one of my very favorite places, and then added a few embellishments. When we were were in the UK, we couldn't believe all the daffodils everywhere. I hope this gift evokes memories of a special time.

4 comments:

Cristine's Story said...

What a great idea! Will you share directions? I could use a couple of quick handmade gift ideas. Stop by and visit, o.k.!

Sandy said...

Nice gift idea, let's go to London after the holidays, shall we!

Glenna said...

What a lovely gift. I love London also--we haven't been in a few years owing to having bought a bigger house 2 years ago and the dollar doing so badly against the pound (doesn't it figure that it's doing much better now), and now the uncertainty about the job market.

Cindy said...

What a clever idea! Love how you decorated it up! Too cute!

c