Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Definitely a white Christmas

Greetings from the snowy Midwest! As I sit here, on a farm in central Iowa, there is the white stuff as far as the eye can see. We are visiting family, and it is the first time I will have seen a white Christmas in over 20 years. I like snow...it's the cold that goes with it that I hate. Having lived in the desert for so long, you totally forget what winter is like in other parts of the country. Ruby and Scarlett are not sure what to think. They do not like getting their feet cold and absolutely would not even think of going to the bathroom in the snow. We had to take them to a barn every time they needed on the first day here. We are making progress though. They've figured out if they go really fast, they can get back inside that much faster. I can honestly say that I never expected to blog about the dog's bathroom breaks, but oh well.
Today might be a first for me. I heard talk about everyone going snowmobiling. That ought to be fun until I get stuck in a snow bank.
Have a wonderful Christmas everyone.

4 comments:

Sherry said...

Enjoy your visit with family and a white Christmas! I would love to have some snow! Too cute about the dogs!

Have a wonderful Christmas and New Year! (P.S.) This blog is just as great!

Rowyn said...

Have a wonderful white Christmas.

Sandra said...

Hope you are having a great time. Our dogs used to love the snow and the first time they saw it, it was noses down, like snow shovels.

didisaragih said...

nice n cool....