Monday, December 29, 2008

e-i-e-i-o !

We are back from our trip to the frozen tundra, I mean Iowa. It was 13 below on the day we arrived. I stepped out of the car, my eyes started watering and I swear the tear turn to ice on my cheek. Talk about a shock to the system! Despite the cold and the two day drive there and another two back, we had a wonderful time with our family. I didn't get to go sledding or snowmobiling, as it was just too cold. Drinking wine by the fireplace seemed to make more sense. I did get to take some photos of the farm animals. All of them cooperated except the sheep, they wouldn't stand still. Here are my favorites:

I was surprised to see the Llama, but they are great at herding the sheep.

5 comments:

Cindy said...

Brrrrrr! I love that they all look at you...like, yeah...it's cold! LOL. Great pics. Glad you stayed warm.

c

Rowyn said...

Wow, those photos are amazing.

It never gets that cold where I live, so it is hard to imagine just how cold that must be.

Glad you had a lovely trip.

Sherry said...

Welcome home! I love the photos! And I especially the snow! I would love to see some snow around here!

Sandy said...

I have been missing snow, so thank you so much for the pictures. They make me home sick for Michigan though. If my cats had snow on their fur they would freak! Happy New Year! Enjoyed hearing about the dogs -going- with you!

^..^Corgidogmama said...

Those are outstanding photos!
You obviously don't have shaky hands.
Really great content. Love your sidebar pics. Dogs rule, life would be so awful without 'em!