Sunday, April 13, 2008

New blooms...


in the garden. Colorful flowers are showing up everywhere. My miniature rose bushes are bursting with new growth. We have six planted. I bought them last year after Valentine's Day. They were on clearance, and if I remember clearly, they were less than two dollars a piece. They were kind of sad looking, and I wasn't sure if they'd make it. They have done so well that I hope to plant more eventually.
Each year the Johnny Jump-Ups return, and a few are growing right next to the roses. I think their combined hues are striking. We enjoy them while we can, until it gets too hot.


Here is the newly planted Queen Elizabeth rose bush. The photo does not due it justice. The color is really beautiful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just love those Johnny Jump Ups. When I had a yard I planted them too, my neighbor told me what they were and I have never forgotten them.

Patti