Thursday, April 3, 2008

The button box...


I used to keep my buttons in an old canning jar. It was a total pain when I needed to sort through them for a project. I had to dump them out on to my work table ,and without a doubt, half of them ended up on the floor. Well, of course, Ruby and Scarlett thought that treats were falling from the sky, so I'd have to quickly scoop them up. I decided I needed a better storage solution, and this is what I came up with. It's a French themed bouton box. First, I gunked (is that a word?) up a box with paint, stain and a little crackle medium. Then I got carried away adding rub-ons and embellishments. Naturally, I had to do some stamping on it also. It was a fun project.


5 comments:

Stitcher S said...

It's so gorgeous! I will have to share this with my daughter...she does a lot of collages and sorts for the wall.

It's always a pleasure to read your blog, too! Thanks for the kind words.

Cristine's Story said...

Love the box of Boutons!

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely stunning...wow! I love the crackle look and all the little details on the box. Love how you did the word 'buttons' also :)

Michelle said...

Oh, it's so pretty! How did you organize your buttons inside it - or are they just loose? I need one of these now!

Jack and Cat Curio said...

Love your box!