Thursday, April 10, 2008

Houses...

Cotswold's cottage...

Pennsylvania stone...love that red door!


On the coast of Massachusetts...with a view of the ocean.
I could sit on that wrap around porch for hours, inhaling the smells of the sea.

This is my very favorite. I love the simplicity.


what kind do you live in? I love architecture, and I like taking pictures of houses. They are like people, they come in all shapes and sizes. I have a few favorite styles. I could imagine myself living in any of these. Of course, the ones I prefer are all old or very old. No modern contemporary abode for me. With the exception of the saltbox, which is courtesy of Country Sampler magazine, these photos were taken by me while on various vacations. Part of the fun in travelling is seeing different styles of buildings. Here in Arizona, homes are pretty much all beige, or tan , or taupe...sigh...stucco.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful blog and beautiful handy work stitching!!Wow, what allot of work, but is very beautiful to look at.Thanks for sharing.Gayle

Stitcher S said...

I've always loved houses and architecture, too. In fact when I was a kid I wanted to be an architect or some sort.

Our house is mid-century and it's what I would call a ranch style home. It's been added onto three times and was originally part of a tract that was commonly populated from servicemen from the local air force base. I truly love the Eichler homes that were built in that same era, but the tract in our approximate area is beyond what we care to spend on for a home.

My ultimate dream home though is a large, two storied home with a huge wrap around porch. One of your photos shows it! :)

Love the post! Your blog is so much fun to visit.

Oma said...

I love the house with the wrap around porch. Can picture myself sitting there and stitching, knitting or reading.