Sunday, December 2, 2007

It's beginning to look...







a little like Christmas. The crocks have been filled and the decorating has begun. It is a lot of work to haul the decorations down from the attic and garage, but the effort is always worth it. I have found that less is more, and last year I decided to only keep the decorations that I really love. Even though our home is not a saltbox or a cozy cottage, I prefer to use natural things, like the colonials did. It is so hard to get away from the cutesy commercialization that bombards you in every store you enter. Keeping it simple at home helps keep my stress level down at this busy time of year.

2 comments:

Cristine's Story said...

Love the simplicity of the salt glazed crocks and ornaments!

Michelle said...

I love the decorating and your idea of keeping it simple.