Monday, December 31, 2007

Gifts from the heart...

are very special to me. I love giving and receiving handmade gifts. I believe that when you make something for someone, you are thinking of them during the process, and that in it's self is meaningful. This year's Christmas gifts were exceptional, here are a few:

Granddaughter Olivia painted this for me at one of those "make it yourself studios", with a little help from her Mom and Dad. I was told she painted the pink background by herself. I think we have another budding artist in the family. It is perfect for the cookies we love baking together.

Daughter-in-law, Kasey knitted these two scarves for me. They are of the softest yarn and feel awesome around my neck. The color choices are my two favorite colors. Knitting is something I have never tried to learn, so how wonderful to have a knitter in the family.

Stepdaughter, Kelsey had a job with the Dept. of Natural Resources for a few months this year studying birds. She is also a talented photographer, and the calendar is a collection of photos she took throughout the year. I adore birds, and this gift will keep on giving with each new month.

Though I didn't post a picture of it, I want to mention the gift from my niece, Michelle. She is the cook in the family, and we are the lucky recipients of one of her homemade lasagnas. She makes the best. Some evening when I don't feel like cooking (which is most nights), we'll toss a salad, uncork a bottle of wine and have a feast.

No comments: