Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Girls just wanna have fun...


was certainly our motto for the trip to MN. From the minute we were picked up at the airport, it was giggles and four women enjoying being together. Our first stop was Stitchville USA in Minnetonka. It is a beautiful and well layed out shop with tons to look at. In no time at all, we had our arms full of goodies. Debbie, the owner, was an absolute delight. We then had lunch in a tea room which adjourned a general store. We feasted on a delicious creamed cabbage and ham soup, all the while trying to create the recipe so we could make it ourselves. My immediate goal is to duplicate that soup!
The next day was also spent strolling in and out of antique and specialty shops. We simply do not have the selection of antiques here in AZ. that you can find in the Midwest. Next trip I'm renting a trailer or a semi even to bring back my haul. Watch for some of my "finds" in upcoming posts. Once again we lunched at a tea room which was housed in a wonderful old brick building. We all chose a hat, and enjoyed lunch which included croissant sandwiches, fruit, and scones with clotted cream. The tea of the day was none other than rhubarb cream. I was in heaven. Anyone who knows me, knows of my love of all things rhubarb.
It was very inspiring to be with like minded gals. We share a common passion for old things, stitching, paper crafts, and nature. The ideas were starting to pool in my head, and it was only day two.

1 comment:

Stitcher S said...

It's a small world, I guess! My husband and I visited Stitchville when we were in Minnesota last summer. It was wonderful, indeed.

Thanks again for letting me look through your beautiful blog!