Saturday, September 15, 2007

Day Three...Little Falls




It was a nippy 44 degrees when we hit the road around 6:00am. We were off to the Little Falls craft and antique show. In little more than an hour we would be in craft heaven! It was funny to see all the cars filled with women only, all jockeying to get there first. I think the men purposely stayed off the highway that day. We arrived in plenty of time to get one of the coveted close parking spots. There is so much to see, and so many ways to get distracted, you kind of need a foot plan to get started. Kelly and I hit the ground running, we wanted to get to the antiques first. Most craft booths have more than one of the same thing for sale, but you need to get there early for the antiques. We weren't disappointed, but we were limited to what we could fit in the van that was already carrying six people. I wore my usual flip flops for comfort, but as it was a wee bit chilly early on, I also wore my red leather gloves. The gloves were still in the pockets of my raincoat from our trip to the British Isles three years ago. A comment or two was over heard about my unusual attire. Hey, I was cold, and I can't remember the last time I saw 40 something degrees. A few of my purchases included several original watercolors by Tom Soucek. I discovered him there two years ago, and I was very pleased to see him again. I particularly enjoy meeting the artists, it makes the art work that much more personal to me.

No comments: