Monday, August 20, 2007

We can't leave it unadorned...



I'm as guilty as the next woman, probably more so. It's in our nature, we just can't leave things alone without dressing them up a bit. Take this scissor fob for example. While it's a perfectly wonderful pair of Ginghers, it needed something pretty hanging from it. So, I designed this fob, with the help of The Sampler Company's Book of Alphabets Motifs and Borders. It has some of my favorite things on it like saltbox houses, old keys, birds, sheep, willow trees, silhouettes, and of course, dogs. I have no doubt that men find this female behavior extremely odd. While we women think it's perfectly normal to add doodads to this and that, men would never follow suit. Can you imagine tool fobs? I wonder if DH would like one hanging from his power drill? I think not!

No comments: