Sunday, July 26, 2009

Too stinkin'hot...

here in AZ, for most flowers right now. These are from my brother's garden in IL. He was kind enough to send the picture so I can enjoy them, too. Hydrangeas are so beautiful, and one of my favorites. I just came in from watering what few plants we have left. My geraniums are gasping for air, the roses are just sad, and everything else is about to give up. I hate this time of year. I miss my patio. Everything is covered with a film of dust from the monsoons, and hunkered down so nothing will blow away. I long to sit out there and listen to the birds, which are also keeping a low profile on these hot days. I see them gathering in the birdbath, splashing and cooling off. At least, July is almost over, and fall will be here eventually.

8 comments:

Nicole said...

It's so hot here too. It seems like it's been in the 90's with high humidity for months!! I can't wait for fall either!!

Unknown said...

It's hot here too!! I can't wait for fall either. I want to sit outside and enjoy the crisp air...without the bugs!!

Sandy said...

It's on it's way, I just know it! Fall! I love Hydrangeas too. I wish they could grow here but instead we get oleanders! Nice picture.

Cindy said...

I hear ya gurl! Our temps shot back up to almost 100 today....it just fries my brain, I swear! LOL.

-c
yapping cat

Sue said...

I can't imagine it there. We live on the fringe of the desert out west of you, and it's fiercely hot here right now.

My cousin recently relocated to Arizona after living on the coast for 25 years. I don't know how she survives!

At least fall is coming soon. Love the hydrangea photo--one of my favorite flowers.

Laura Krushak-Green said...

I just clicked search for Boxer dogs and your blog showed up!
Cute bostons! I love Ruby's face markings!

Do you sell any of your creations on etsy? They are really great!

Michelle said...

I've been thinking about this blog of yours and how I miss seeing your beautiful paper creations. Just wanted to let you know!

Wedding registry said...

Oh, I really love this flower and its color are well. Great post!!!