Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Funny story...sort of.

Remember the visitor from last week? The real owl? Well, my hilarious husband played a trick on me last night. We were in the middle of a monsoon storm, it was dark and raining like crazy. I walked out onto the patio to see if anything was getting wet, and I came face to face with this guy sitting on the fountain. I almost died, or had a heart attack at the very least. Believe me, he looked real in the dark. I froze in my tracks, and when I turned around, there was Paul laughing so hard. It must have blown off some one's something because Paul found it laying in the middle of the street. Pretty funny, honey! Not!

This family of Gambel's quail showed up in the yard this morning. They are scared off easily and hard to photograph. I was hiding behind a bush, that's the reason for the green corner. They are so cute when they run. Their little topknots are just a bobbing.


I love this shot. It's looks like Jr. is getting a scolding.

"Keep up children, and don't fall off. "
I think I should change the name of my blog to the Bird Blog!

4 comments:

Rowyn said...

LOL at the trick your DH pulled on you with the Owl. Classic!

I love those little Quail, you got some great photos of them.

Kelly said...

Thats a HOOT!

Anonymous said...

PLZ GIVE ME COMMENTS

tani said...

LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS