Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The sisters

I thought I'd better get on the stick if I was going to create anything for Halloween since it's now only two days away. I knew the minute I saw this old photo in an antiques shop in Illinois that I wanted to use it for something like this. There's something about their eyes, kind of vague and unfeeling looking. In truth, they were probably sweet little girls. I wonder what she has planned for those sissors though. Whoever they were, they were sure dressed cute.
You should be able to click to enlarge the photo.

6 comments:

Joy said...

Well. Methinks they look like they are up to no good. ESPECIALLY with that Ouija board. ;~) Love it!

Cristine's Story said...

Tanya, Love it! Oh so creative!

Rowyn said...

It looks great. The girls certainly do look a little on the grim side, but as you say they probably were sweet little girls (maybe not used to having their photo taken).

I love how old photos and postcards conjure up the imagination (I have a smallish collection of vintage postcards and loads of old photos).

Cindy said...

This turned out really cute! Love the buttons (on their dresses) and little scissors in her hand!

c

Becky Bunn said...

Tanya Love your collage. I like the clock face in the background

Sandy said...

I wish I had done this. It is great! What size is it? I love it.