Thursday, October 16, 2008

Here's the reason

that I've been such a bad blogger of late. We have been busy re-doing our patio. I have waited a long time for the expanded cover. The little dinky one that it replaced was big enough to keep one person out of the sun, okay, maybe I exaggerate...two people at most then. So when I wasn't helping my DH with the manual labor, I was busy sipping a glass of wine and supervising the progress. We are still far from done. Plans include a brick wall around the entire patio with seating around the fireplace, a new finish for the cement, (I like the look of stained concrete), and eventually the Arcadia door will be replaced with french doors. Finding the black wicker furniture was my project. I had the rocker and I wanted the new stuff to match. Lots of Internet searching proved successful. It came all the way from Pennsylvania and it was worth the wait. I made the floral pillows and quilt throw out of some fabric that I've had stashed forever. And yes, those screens sure need a good cleaning.


10 comments:

Cindy said...

Looks wonderful! I so need to re-do ours. Would be nice to be able to sip a cuppa in the morning out back. Specially if it looked like yours! You did a beautiful job.

c

Live.Love. Photography said...

Looking good!! Can't wait to have Thanksgiving out there!

Cristine's Story said...

And a beautiful patio it is!

Rowyn said...

Wow, what a fantastic outdoor area. Enjoy it!

Sandy said...

I love the colors and the dark grey looks great! I'd say the weather is perfect for it.

Judy said...

Wow!! The patio looks great! And with our best season coming up, it will be wonderful!! Lucky you!

Sue said...

Wow, how beautiful! It looks like a great place to relax.

Sandra Evertson said...

Beautiful wicker, and those pups of yours are Adorable!
Sandra
Happy Halloween!

danasmith said...

What an awesome place to stitch! I love it!
Dana in Virginia
www.TheThingsILove.typepad.com

Becky Bunn said...

Very inviting. I love black and red.Enjoy