Thursday, October 23, 2008

Sampler box

My show and tell for today is a box that I painted. I've worked on it for a week or so. I haven't painted in awhile and my poor hand is really cramped up now. Maybe I need to loosen my grip on the brush a bit, but I've always used teeny tiny brushes with just the sparsest amount of hairs so I can get better detail. I plan to use it as storage for whatever my current stitching project might be. I like having everything gathered together and handy. I can keep my threads, scissors, etc., in there and just put a lid on it when I'm done. I always have work in progress and it's usually on the sofa or on my chair. I think I can have it sitting on the coffee table, and it won't look too out of place. Since I mostly stitch samplers, that was my inspiration for the design. These are a few of my favorite motifs. Some of you may or not know that my other blog is where you'll find my stitching.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Tanya! Deanne from Texas here. Don't know if you would remember me, but you painted some needle cases for me a few years back when you were at The Attic. Just found your blogs - I think they're great! Your new sewing box is wonderful!

Road Trip With Ruby said...

Hi Deanne, of course I remember you. You were my very best costumer. How are you anyway? How in the world did you come across my blogs? Do you still have my email address?

Rowyn said...

Wow, what a talented painter you are. The box is beautiful.

Cristine's Story said...

Is there anything crafty that you cannot do? Love it!

Cindy said...

Oh my gosh...that box is darling! LOVE it. And love your other blog too. I used to stitch like a fiend. Have not picked it up in ages. That's a good idea to keep a box like that, that would get me back into it. Lovely post.

c

Sue said...

How beautiful! It must be fantastic to be able to paint like that.

Take care and thanks for sharing your gorgeous Sampler Box.

Becky Bunn said...

Wow I do love that box. You are very talented