Thursday, August 28, 2008

My Friend, Cindy

was 54 yrs old when this picture was taken three years ago. She is on the right. We were celebrating her birthday. Yesterday, she lost her battle with cancer. She was diagnosed early last autumn. The past ten months have been hard, a constant roller coaster of hope and despair.
I struggled with whether or not I wanted to blog about her death. I decided that I wanted and needed to share what she has meant to me. I have mentioned her illness in past posts. Many of you have given me comfort in person and many of you have left comments of prayers and concern. She read your comments, and I know she was touched.
She was a one of a kind friend. Everyone who met her was instantly drawn to her. I've never known anyone who was so loved by so many. She was the first friend I made, 21 years ago, when I moved to Arizona. We have been many things to each other. We were neighbors, co-workers, confidants, and like sisters. We saw each other through everything life through our way. We laughed, we cried, we shared, and we bared our souls to each other. We could talk for hours, giggle uncontrollably, and find humor in the oddest things. I can't even imagine how much I'm going to miss her.

8 comments:

Cristine's Story said...

Hugs for you Tanya...you are certainly being put on an emotional roller coaster. Girls Night Out is being planned.

Pam Mattick Art and Stuff said...

Hi Tanya
I'm so sorry about this loss. Like you said, a really good friend is like a sister. What do we do when we lose them? I am praying for you and sending many hugs. My little sister has cancer, it's very bad too. I recently blogged about that.
Hugs and more hugs,
Pam
Here is a poem I love...

And when there seems no chance, no change,
From grief can set me free...
Hope finds it's strength in helplessness.
And calmly waits for Thee.

It's on my Angel of Loss painting and written by an anonymous poet.

C K said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Cindy sounds like a fabulous human being, someone the world will truly miss. I know there is nothing anyone can say or do at this time. Just know that I'm standing with you and sending prayers for everyone touched by Cindy's life.

Lindsey said...

Hey Tanya, my name is Lindsey a customer at Mystic Paper. I often read and enjoy your blog. Cindy is actually my husband's friends mother. (Devin). I am sorry for your loss of a friend and you are in our prayers. Also sorry for the loss of Otis :(.

Anonymous said...

Tanya...I am so sorry for the loss of such a dear friend. this post is so touching and I can tell from your words that she was a great person and she will be missed dearly. Sending hugs your way.

Cindy said...

Tanya, I'm so sorry for your loss. Cancer is such a insidious thing. I truly hate it. And it takes too many. I lost my Mom about 6 mos ago to it and now my husband's Aunt is in the last throes of it.

You will be in my thoughts and prayers as you go through this time of grieving. I pray that soon you will remember the good times you two had together and it will bring a smile to your face and your heart!
many hugs,
-c

Sue said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stitcher S said...

I'm so sorry for your loss.

My thoughts are with you.