Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Feeling old, and yet still cool...

I always wondered when I was much younger what it would feel like to get old. I'm starting to find out. While I'm not exactly ancient and decrepit yet, I do feel old some days. Mostly, it's just my body. In my mind, I still think I'm pretty cool. I probably just dated myself with my use of the word cool. It was THE descriptive word of my youth, and I still like saying it. I'm positive that my kids would say that I'm anything but cool. They'll get it one day though. It's weird when you feel younger in your head than you look on paper. I still think cool thoughts in my head. I still like cool music. I love to play my all time band Crowded House loud and sing along when I'm painting or making something cool. Speaking of Crowded House, they have to be the most underrated band ever. I was fortunate to see them perform live in the early nineties. I'm so glad that they are still at it, sounding cooler than ever.

6 comments:

Judi said...

Hey, just to let you know that thirteen years difference is OLD!!

Cristine's Story said...

Very cool Tanya! I'm right there with ya.

Cindy said...

LOL! It is funny how that feels isn't it? I do it all the time. Still thinking I'm the same youthful little thing I always was....gah.

-c
yapping cat

Sandy said...

I hear you loud and clear. I love Crowded House! Did you like Simply Red too! I think of them at the same time. Both beautiful voices and melodies. I think I'll go turn them on now-love ya old lady! I'm oldser than you.

Unknown said...

lol, I loved Crowded House when I was a teenager!

Kim said...

Tanya....I say 'cool' all*the*time....and have even been known to mutter a 'groovy' every now and again! Forever young is what we'll be....at least in our minds! :o)