Sunday, January 6, 2008

Contrasts...


The leaves are falling fast from our Arizona Ash tree, exposing the feeders and birdhouses. For anyone who is dealing with normal winter weather, it may seem odd that this happens at this time of the year instead of in the fall. Just like a new year, it's out with the old, and in with the new. It won't be bare for very long though. By March, new buds will be appearing, and the birds will once again have a shaded place to flit from branch to branch.










On the other side of the yard, my roses are still blooming. I think they are especially beautiful when newly kissed with raindrops. They are planted next to rosemary bushes, and when the air is fresh and crisp from rain, the combination of fragrances is wonderful.

2 comments:

Stitcher S said...

Gorgeous photos, and I so love that rose. Sigh...

Cristine's Story said...

Ohhhh, I love your rose. Lavender roses are my favorite. I had so many in California and none here. Must plant roses!