Thursday, October 18, 2007

A sampling of Autumn decor...

at our house. While each new season brings a change and its own uniqueness, I would be happy if it was Autumn all year long. I love everything about it, but especially the crisp cool mornings, falling leaves, warm and vibrant colors of pumpkins and gourds, apple cider and caramel apples. I like to nest, and perhaps I love Fall because I enjoy getting our home ready for the colder months ahead. As a little girl, I always loved stories about squirrels and other animals gathering food and preparing for winter. It never really gets that cold here in the desert, but we do experience the changes of seasons, if ever so subtle.


A gathering of gourds

A favorite stitch from Notforgotten Farm.

A gift from my Brother, an antique corn dryer

Hello Fall...

Another design from Notforgotten Farm

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Your Notforgotten Farm pieces are fabulous! Love your autumn decorating.

Jennifer said...

Lovin' your fall decor! It was good to see you today! Keep watching for classes and for the debut of the new classroom! We'll get you and Joy together for a class yet!

Stitcher S said...

Thanks for visiting my blog, by the way.

Fall is my favorite season so I completely 'get' what you're saying about it.

I've enjoyed reading through your blog this evening.